Pages

ANUARA ANUAR

Friday, April 8, 2016

ASMR - My Sleep Whisperer


I've been told by many of my quirky habits which I find really amusing. This peculiar habit that i'm about to elaborate would be an interesting fact to you. It's something everyone has experienced but could never put a finger on the actual term.

As much as I calmly try to put my ASMR habit across, it's impossible for me to get a straight face response from about anyone. But here goes!

I discovered ASMR as I stumbled upon a make up tutorial in YouTube. My first thought to the whispering lady in the video, "What in the world is this? How am I gonna hear you if you're whispering??" Ironically, minutes into the video I got relaxed and sleepy that it's almost satisfying. Its even more ironic that it had more than 200K views! Scrolled down the comments and related videos only to find the existence of ASMR videos.

ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. It is a euphoric experience characterized by a static-like tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine, precipitating relaxation. - as extracted from Wikipedia


ASMR can be triggered in so many ways in our daily tasks such as paper crinkling, tapping on the keyboard, sounds of water dripping, flipping through the pages and etc.

When we were younger, my cousins and I used take turns to get our ears cleaned by my uncle. I remember feeling so relaxed I don't want it to end! That was my very first ASMR experience. 

Putting it into real life scenarios it would be like a calming visit to the doctor with a long procedure involving many sets of instructions, personal attention and sometimes even gentle whispering which sends tingles down your spine. 

You'll need to experience it cus it's tricky to explain secondhand. I've since been addicted to ASMR for a good night's sleep. 

I'd recommend ASMR videos if you're having trouble sleeping. But before you head on there, just a disclaimer that it may not work for everyone. I have friends who got creeped out over it. So, you do you, boo! Till the next entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg